Friday, July 27, 2007

Romantic trip to London

Just back from the most romantic trip to London. John organised it to celebrate our wedding anniversary - can it really be 9 years already?? We flew to London and were collected by chauffeaur driven BMW complete with aircon, bottled water and copies of OK and HELLO. The hotel was fabulous and we went for a meal to The Criterion then on to see Phantom of the Opera which deservedly got a standing ovation and made me cry buckets. Thankfully the children really behaved themselves for Mum and Ben seems to have even slept well - miracle!! Back to reality now tho as got to make Tom's first school holiday the best ever!


5 comments:

Jemma said...

Nikki i am so glad you had such a great time, now i just hope it stays dry and you can make the most of your summer holiday!! xx

monika said...

Watch this space for sensationally soppy scrap pages. I am so thrilled for you hun.

Louise said...

9 years of pure wedded bliss:)
I'm so glad you had a fabby child free time away... get you with the chauffer, Lady Penelope...LOL!!!

Hope Tom has the best holiday ever:)

Eileen said...

I'm seriously impressed by the chaffeur driven limo - somehow I don't think Mike would ever rise to that ...

Glad you had a good time.

Unknown said...

I love London; it is my kind of town. Contrary to popular belief this is not some feeble attempt at plagiarizing advertising copy from other major cities in the world.
Bad times and good, I have lived and worked in London through them all.
London is full of History. History that it would appear that most Londoners take for granted.
Everything in London seems to be clustered: All the antique bookshops are on the same street. All rich people who are owners of huge Limo London vehicles. All companies that make CG effects for movies are within few blocks of each other. The big web companies (except for Google, who have moved into a 'palace' near Victoria station) and web ad agencies are also within a small radius of each other. London will always be special for me as I met my lovely wife here.