Sunday, August 24, 2008

Natalie's wedding

It was my cousin Natalie's wedding last weekend. Once Meg had finished feeding I enjoyed taking some photos as the bride, bridesmaids etc looked beautiful. I was quite pleased with some of the photos and planned to spend some time in photoshop improving them until I saw what James had taken - his photos are just FANTASTIC and make mine snapshots in comparison http://www.jameslp.com/Blog/ - BUT - I also know why James is able to take such great photos and I cant and also I got a shot he didnt :). He didn't have 4 children to take care of at the wedding, he didnt have a baby to feed, he has a fantastic new lens, he has time to spend editing his photos, he knows what he is doing in Photoshop because he has had time to
learn ........................................................................and he also has TALENT by the bucketload. He is hoping to use photography as a new career and if the photos from this wedding are anything to go by I think he'll make a great success of it. Wonder if he does Christenings???
A few of my snaps anyway - first the bride.
The pageboys in conference.
Josie looking gorgeous.
Cute pageboy - Ben thought he was hilarious and hasn't stopped talking about him yet.
Building with Jenga bricks on the lawn.

Bride and groom walking towards the photographer.
The Herricks.
And finally the shot James cant get no matter how good he is!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


I have loads of other holiday photos to share but they will have to wait as Meg has woken - again (or rather Ben has woken her :()

3 comments:

Lynsey said...

Great photos, Nikki. Nice ones of the kids - they all looked so gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your holiday photos.

JamesPearson said...

Love the photos - you captured some great moments, especially the kids.

I really like the angle you caught Natalie and Rob as they walk towards the photographer.

You don't have to be an expert in Photoshop to improve your images. If you load them and adjust the levels (should only take a minute or two) you'll dramatically improve the quality of these shots by adjusting the black and white points!

Thanks for the kind words about my photography, I really appreciate it. And thanks for the photo that I couldn't get! :)

Jemma said...

OK im not quite sure where ive been (well i do - not at home) but there are heaps of updates and great photos!!! i love your photos!!!!