Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas chaos!!

The chaos started on Christmas eve with the arrival of the inlaws - my mum was already here. I went into town for the last few bits and as I went at 8 got parked and finished shopping before 930 when the hoardes arrived! Sophie and I had great fun making a cookie tree she especially enjoyed dribbling the icing 'snow' - not much left now - glad I remembered to take a pic even if it is a bit blurry !
Christmas morning pics are pretty crap as I was half asleep having been awake most of the night and the night before with a vomiting Thomas :( - Santa had managed to leave 3 huge sacks of pressies with some more that wouldnt fit - Sophie and Tom did well ripping them open Ben got fed up after a while and kept going back for more as the morning went on.


Christmas lunch seemed to take forever to cook - I was really glad to have Mum's help and to be honest she did most of it as Buttercup was making me tired - at least we remembered the sprouts and sweetcorn!!

We had party poppers as well as crackers and the children had great fun with them - several streamers ended up in food and drink but it was still a laugh - we are still finding bits round the house too!


Splashy the Whale was a big hit until Sophie got tired and decided she didnt like getting squirted!


4 comments:

Jenga said...

Lovely photos :) Glad you had a good day. Buttercup needs to learn to let mummy rest ;)

JamesPearson said...

Great photos - looks and sounds like you had a great day! I want a bit of that cookie tree.

Thanks for the sprouts and sweetcorn mention!

Jemma said...

bless poor wee thing cant blame her!!!

looks like you guys were having a great time!!

Louise said...

oooooo splashy the whale looks fun, not seen that one before.

The cookie tree looks brill... I can see one of those getting made here too.

Some lovely pics, but none of mummy... again!!!